Tuesday, September 30, 2008

The Inspiration


So I am shopping for cheese at Lafayette, La's Fresh Market. Low and behold I catch sight of the Sept issue of Wine Spectator and right on the cover is "100 Great Cheeses". I read thru the articles on cheese and begin to search for the cheeses in the markets cheese case. Funny, I can't seem to find but a couple of these "100 Great Cheeses".


I go to a few other local grocery and speciality shops who handle cheese but I am no where close to finding even 10 of the top 100 cheeses according to this article.


So I end up buying the mag and immediately start googling and emailing the list requesting prices or distribution info.Of the 100, now get this, I only am able to find online web sights for 54. Granted some of the cheesemakers had more than one cheese on the list but still I was thinking I should have been able to find more information about these cheeses.


But again I am back to where can I find these cheeses.....


Next week... The Emails.

No comments: